Friday, August 10, 2012

Vintage Hanky Wine Bags

Sometimes when you don't succeed, you just have to try again. And, again. And then you end up with something super cute.

Vintage Hanky Wine Bag

Last week, I picked up several vintage hankies at an antique shop. My first thought was to sew pillows with them. I didn't have a pattern...and was just winging it. Let's just say, it didn't turn out (Fail #1). In an effort to salvage the hanky, I ripped the project apart and realized I had enough to create a mini wallet. While it is super cute and holds my business cards perfectly, as you can see, it is a bit crooked (Fail #2).


At the same time, I've been wanting to make wine bags. And, hankies just happen to be the perfect size to wrap around a bottle! I sewed a 1/4" seam at the bottom and up one side and flipped it inside out (so the seams are on the inside). And, ended up with these adorable wine bags. No pattern or cutting required. They'll be a cute way to dress up gifts...or just dress up a bottle of wine we're enjoying for dinner!

Vintage Hanky Wine Bags
I'm linking to these fabulous parties: Beyond the Picket Fence, Shabby Nest, Whipper Berry, The 36th Avenue, DIY Showoff

2 comments:

  1. I like that idea, and I think I would take it one step further, affix those lovely hankie covers with jeweled wine markers.

    Popped in from Shabby's linkup.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tami! I'm working on some ideas to spruce up the tags and ribbon. That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete